NB. Any player under the age of 18 on 8 May 2017 will NOT be subject to ruling PE.4 or PE.5 below for the 2017 competition
- PE.1 - Players must be regular playing members of the club to which the participating team is affiliated, who will be expected to honour the ethos and responsibilities of being a member of their club and this competition.
- PE.2 - No player shall represent more than ONE team in this competition.
- PE.3 - It is not acceptable for any participating teams to play players who are remunerated in any way to play cricket, irrespective of whether it is the competing team or another club who provides the remunerations to the player.
- PE.4 - Under no circumstances should a player who has played in ANY 1st XI Surrey Championship Premier or Division One league matches (or equivalent), in the same season (for any club), be selected to represent any participating team without the written approval of the Cup Secretary, which will only be granted in exceptional circumstance. If granted that player will be subjected to the restrictions shown under ruling PE.5.
- PE.5 - Any player who has played for their (or any) club's 1st XI at any division in the Surrey Championship (or equivalent) or the top two divisions of the Fullers League that season will not be permitted to bat higher than number 6 in the batting order, nor will they be permitted to bowl any earlier than the 10th over of an innings. In a shortened match the batting restriction remains but the bowling restriction should be altered by the same ratio that the match is reduced by.
- PE.6 - Any dispute regarding players who have played for a team in this competition is to be referred, in writing, to the Cup Secretary only by the designated Competition Contact for that team.