tHE SURREY SLAM USES SHARKS pink match balls THROUGHOUT THE COMPETITION
Here's the guidance on the management of this initiative:
- MBG.1a - Each Men's and Women's team shall purchase at least 5 new, competition-branded, pink cricket balls for use throughout the 2021 competition.
- MBG.1b - Match balls for the Men's competition shall weigh between 155.9g and 163g and have a circumference of between 22.4cm and 22.9cm.
- MBG.1c - Match balls for the Women's competition shall weigh between 140g and 151g and have a circumference of between 21cm and 22.5cm.
- MBG.2a - Each team shall provide a brand new ball for their fielding innings of each of the first 5 scheduled matches of the competition, regardless of location.
- MBG.2b - Wherever possible teams should also provide at least one used ball as a spare for each of their fielding innings, regardless of location. It is likely that another new ball will be used as a spare in the first round of matches. Whilst this is recognised as not being ideal, it is a necessity at the outset of the competition.
- MBG.2c - For matches beyond the fifth scheduled matches teams are free to utilise used match balls of a suitable standard for the whole of their fielding innings. The suitability of any used balls should be agreed upon by both captains prior to the commencement of the match, NOT each innings . However, if there are two new balls available for any match then they should be used ahead of any older balls.
- MBG.3 - It is the BATTING TEAM'S responsibility to search for lost balls during each innings. It is the responsibility of all involved in the competition to support this initiative and keep the games moving along.
- MBG.4 - Come the end of the match any balls not found shall be deemed to belong to the BATTING SIDE at the point where the ball was lost, except in circumstances where the loss can be REASONABLY attributed to the fielding side;
- MBG.5 - It is each team's responsibility to keep the balls safe between matches and provide them at each match up to and including the regional semi finals. New balls shall be provided by The Slam for any Regional Finals and Finals Days in the Men's and Women's competitions.
If required more match balls can be purchased during the season via the Ball Order page: